I finally made it! A 12 hr flight was no fun but I slept about 16hrs when I got here. Church was amazing this morning. Really started off the mood for this group. The pastor of this little Baptist 5 row church really brought me and many others to a new level. He talked about be open and responding to God’s word with REAL worship. We worshipped at the end of the service for a really long time. At one point there wasn’t even a song being sung. We just enjoyed the presence of God. Flags waving, crazy dancers, people shaking, one lady shaked a lot. The pastor blew at one lady and she went flying into her chair. And the people around her “bounced” away. Almost like a wave of Holyness hit the first lady and spread out from her. It was cool to see. One lady gave a word and began shaking pretty weirdly and another started histerically laughing right after this. Very interesting morning. But God was there and I really enjoyed it. The sermon was on being open to what God wants to do and not putting restrictions on Him. And we didn’t . I think it gave us all a great picture of what worship can be if led by the spirit.
More people showed up today and everyone is really cool. Everything is really laid back just my style. We learned a lot about what is going down throughout this school. It all seems really good. We will be really busy. But also snowboarding twice a week! Word. If you want to know more about why I am here, or am wondering what is the point. Or if u just want to watch an amazing video. Go here http://www.ywamoxford.org/ The video is on this page. this is what they played the first night when we got in. my skype is Jordan.gibson3 or email me at jlgibson@purdue.edu
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Here we go. :)
ReplyDelete