Monday, June 29, 2009

hi

All 40 of us gave our 5 min testimonies over the last day which was amazing! Everyone came because of different reasons, got there through different circumstances, but everyone was brought by God.
I have been learning a lot about the different YWAM bases, what they are all about. There are several hundred other bases around the world. We have 3 book reports to do over the next couple months and also journals on what we are learning throughout the lectures. If you have any suggestions on books to read, please tell me. We have a small library with several books. I am thinking about Velvet Elvis, I saw it yesterday. But any suggestions would be great.
We are doing outreach on Friday nights. There are a few options. Going into town and listening to the Holy Spirit tell us what we should do. Talking to people, praying, playing sports with people. There is an asian small group that we can attend also. There are a couple skate parks that we will be doing ministry at as well. Around Oxford we will be doing ministry. Finally on the mountains we will invite people to have dinner with us and come back and hang out.
I am starting to see several opportunities that God has before me. I am praying for help to figure out which He wants me to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan, glad you're blogging so we know what's going on. Praying for you and for clarity on what God wants you to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, along with this note I offered a prayer for you. Book ideas: John Piper, John Stott, and John Calvin :)

    Enjoy!
    Pastor Bob

    ReplyDelete