We had a rail jam Friday night that was amazing! It was really cool. They had two ramps that you start at the top and ride down off a jump onto a railing or a box. Then fly across and do some sweet tricks. We had several people that showed up probably around 60-70. I had a good chance to talk to some random guy that we picked up in the city and brought there.
Saturday night we had the premier of “One Year” a snowboarding documentary of 4-5 Christian professional snowboarders. It was a very cool movie and showed a lot of cool snowboarding tricks. Then it was able to bring the gospel up and how each was able to find God. They each had a different angle on how God has helped them throughout the last year. We had about 170 people at this video premier. Which was full capacity! Then after, Joel, the film’s director/our speaker for next week, shared the gospel in an amazing way, it was clear and not forward in any way. There were several people from China and other parts of the country that were brought into the country just to see that video. God is AMAZING! He then led us all through a prayer of salvation and I believe that many followed through with it.
So the night went on and everybody left and I was on the team that stayed overnight at the same church and helped out with the church service. I was told beforehand that some of us may be asked to give testimonies so I asked if they wanted me to. I ended up talking with the pastor about and telling him a couple things I could possibly share. He said he wasn’t sure what sermon he was going to preach, but that we could meet and pray about it the next day. That night before I went to sleep, me and another friend worshiped God for about 3 hours. Over this time God downloaded a message for the congregation the next day. The pastor had said something about sacrifice and I ran with it. God gave me a whole message, about 30min and made it very clear and powerful.
The next day I met with the pastor 20 min before church started and shared how God spoke to me. He said that it fit great in with the series he had been sharing on the weeks before. He gave me permission to give the message God gave me the night before.
So there I was “guest speaker” at this little church in Methven. It was amazing. I had such a good time giving it. I was given amazing feedback by everyone I talked with. Maybe in the next blog I’ll write out the main parts of the sermon.
After the sermon, since I had called for freedom among the congregation, talked about the freedom from many addictions I had been given, a woman came and asked for prayer. Me, Ang, and the pastor’s wife surrounded her and put our hands on her. I said “God is Good” and she collapsed convulsing! It was very interesting. She was shaking a lot, coughing pretty crazily, and at one point yelled very loudly for about a minute straight. Pretty powerful. I believe God gave her freedom through this. God is SO GOOD! She eventually got up and was fine. It was a cool experience. I meant to write a lot about the last week, but this weekend made me forget about anything else. I am going to come back and write another blog about last week though. I love you guys! Keep prayin for me!
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment