Sunday, August 30, 2009

freedom!

I talked with a couple girls in our school yesterday. One has been unable to sleep well for a long time. She couldn’t remember when she could sleep well. Her aunt and her grandma have the same problem. The other girl gets sick all the time. God gave me a word of knowledge for the second girl, that it wasn’t just her getting sick, that there was more to it. Then I got the word fear as I asked God for more help.
So I talked to my mom, shes amazing, and she told me some ways to get to the root of the problem in both cases. I talked with both girls and came up with several things that were keeping them from sleeping and being well. Many of the things that were keeping them from sleeping and being healthy were fear, anxiety, worry, and things like this. We prayed and they repented of these things, confessed, asked for forgiveness, and they were free!
The girl that couldn’t sleep said to me first thing this morning that she fell asleep right away and slept very well! PRAISE GOD! FREEDOM! The other girl wasn’t really feeling well today she said, but I believe that she has freedom. I think that she has to learn to walk in full freedom before all the effects of this will be gone.
O but I forgot. The girl that doesn’t ever really feel good, asked after we prayed and talked for a couple hours if we could do this for everyone that night. We decided to invite everyone to a worship night and then in the middle ask God to show us who needed freedom. We prayed that those that showed up would be the ones that needed freedom. 5 other people than me showed up and they all got freedom from something. Praise God! It was an amazing worship time!
We learned about the Holy Spirit this week. We learned how the Holy Spirit was evident all through scripture, in Jesus’ life, and now in our present life. We also did the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and most of us, those who were willing were speaking in tongues. I’m hoping that God gives me the ability to speak in tongues in Swahili, which is the language that is spoken in Africa where I am going. That would be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment